Use insulated gloves:
Since Dry Ice is extremely cold, direct contact with it can cause frostbite. That is why insulated gloves should be
used when handling dry ice. Direct contact with eyes, mouth and skin should be avoided.
Use in a ventilated area
Dry ice releases carbon dioxide when it sublimates. Although carbon dioxide is not toxic, it can displace oxygen.
That is why it is very important to have proper ventilation when using dry ice.
Do not swallow or eat dry ice
Do not store dry ice in a glass or other sealed containers.
Since dry ice sublimates to a gas, it will build up pressure if stored in an airtight container. Do not store it in
an airtight container, because it could cause the container to burst or shatter.